Re: Nice graphs about teamwork

Hello Andreas!

> I would like to draw your interest onto these nice graphs
>
>    http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=751
>
> created by Lucas Nussbaum.  As far as I can see the Debian Med team is

Thanks for the link.

I find Lucas' "Possible goal for Jessie: standardize on a Git workflow, since every team tends to design its own?" suggestion very interesting.
After a quick look at our Group Policy [1], I do not see details of a crucial bit of the git workflow: quilt patches.

quilt patches fit well into the svn workflow, and you can follow the same logic with git of course (as the Perl group does [3]), but for example
Russ Allbery found this path cumbersome, and recommends a single-quilt-patch workflow, with patches on git branches [2].

* So what is our policy with respect to quilt patches in git?

Perhaps the best would be to just have the same policy as for svn, Perl-Group-like (multiple quilt patches). Should we make this explicit on the
group policy page?

Best regards,
Laszlo

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html