Re: duplicate work on ggplot2 ?

Hi Ivo,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 04:29:41PM +0100, Ivo Maintz wrote:
> I contacted the ITPer Benjamin Eikel <debian@eikel.org>, and he wrote,
> that I could put my work into debian, because I'm closer to debian.
> This concerns ins particular:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/700854
> http://bugs.debian.org/700858
> http://bugs.debian.org/700860
> http://bugs.debian.org/700861
>
> This packages can be uploaded.

OK.

> >     http://bugs.debian.org/700862
>
> I totally failed to notice, that there is already a ggplot2 package
> (byCarlos Borroto <carlos.borroto@gmail.com>).
> But I wonder, where to find hist work? Maintainer is:
>
> Maintainer: Debian Med Packaging Team
> <debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org>
>
> So I expected to find it in our svn... I will ask carlos, how to
> continue.

If you check Debian Med policy[1] you see that you can freely choose
between SVN or Git.  So if it is not in SVN you could look into Git.

There is a general way to seek for packages:

$ apt-cache search ggplot | grep ggplot
r-cran-ggplot2 - implementation of the Grammar of Graphics

and you can seek for the Vcs via

$ apt-cache showsrc r-cran-ggplot2 | grep Vcs
Vcs-Browser: http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/r-cran-ggplot2.git;a=summary
Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/r-cran-ggplot2.git

which answers your question (independently from Debian Med in special.)
Another option is

    debcheckout r-cran-ggplot2

Hope this helps

        Andreas.