Re: [MoM] CamiTK packaging first part

Thank you Andreas,

Feel free to ignore (you need to use lintian from unstable which
knows the latest standard-version).  Ignoring this is perfectly
fine.
Ok

- libcamitk3 binary: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames (this one is
overriden)

That's OK.
Good.

1) Concerning the first warning: I am using svn-pdebuild, which is
an alias for svn-buildpackage with helpful options that Mathieu
help me to create back in July : alias
svn-pdebuild='svn-buildpackage --svn-dont-purge --svn-lintian
--svn-override origDir=../tarballs --svn-ignore-new
--svn-builder="pdebuild --buildresult `pwd`/../build-area"'

It is using pdebuild, which I created with "--distribution sid"
(and which I keep updating, FYI the server itself runs Ubuntu
12.04)

In the chapter 6 of the maintainer guide [1], it seems there is a
hook to have the latest lintian installed in pbuilder, but I did
not manage to get it working. How can I know which version of
lintian is used inside pbuilder?

Your analysis is correct.  However, it is the lintian of your local
installation that is finally called and thus you get the false
warning. As I said - it is fine to ignore this.
Ok. I will ignore this warning then.

2) Concerning the second warning: According to [2], and if I
understand it right, the problem comes from the fact the package
is called "libcamitk3" but the soname of the distributed library
is "libcamitkcore3"

What would you advised: change the name of the build lib upstream
(possible for the next release which should come soon) or change
the package name? Is the override fine for now?

I think so.  It would be even OK to not override the warning to
remember that there might be some reason to rethink the packaging.
I'd suggest to leave the override as is for now.

Ok. I will check with other developers upstream to see if the lib name could/should be different (I think libcamitk3 is quite a good name of the package, libcamitkcore3 would be more confusing) or if it is ok to change it only during packaging.

Kind regards,
Mahnu