Re: [MoM] CamiTK packaging first part

Hello,

About the commit I did yesterday, I wanted to mention two remaining lintian's warning (I forgot them in my joy of having something operational):
- camitk source: newer-standards-version 3.9.4 (current is 3.9.3)
- libcamitk3 binary: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames (this one is overriden)

1) Concerning the first warning:
I am using svn-pdebuild, which is an alias for svn-buildpackage with helpful options that Mathieu help me to create back in July : alias svn-pdebuild='svn-buildpackage --svn-dont-purge --svn-lintian --svn-override origDir=../tarballs --svn-ignore-new --svn-builder="pdebuild --buildresult `pwd`/../build-area"'

It is using pdebuild, which I created with "--distribution sid"
(and which I keep updating, FYI the server itself runs Ubuntu 12.04)

In the chapter 6 of the maintainer guide [1], it seems there is a hook to have the latest lintian installed in pbuilder, but I did not manage to get it working. How can I know which version of lintian is used inside pbuilder?

2) Concerning the second warning:
According to [2], and if I understand it right, the problem comes from the fact the package is called "libcamitk3" but the soname of the distributed library is "libcamitkcore3"

What would you advised: change the name of the build lib upstream (possible for the next release which should come soon) or change the package name?
Is the override fine for now?

Mahnu

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/build.en.html#pbuilder
[2] http://lintian.debian.org/tags/package-name-doesnt-match-sonames.html