Re: Primer3-2.3.5

Hi Ivaylo,

On Mon, Feb 04, 2013 at 01:07:57PM +0100, Ivaylo Stoimenov wrote:
> HI guys,
>
> I am sure that you know that there are some updates of the Primer3
> software.

Yes we are.  Unfortunately we have faced problems in building / testing
primer3 on some of Debian's release architectures (mips [1]) and thus
the frozen (to be released with next stable version remains at version
2.2.3-1 which is a bit unfortunate (I somehow hoped that somebody of our
team might have contacted you about this.)

> Is it possible to compile a new core for version 2.3.5 ? It has
> two important bugfixes and some new features.

I just uploaded the new version to unstable.

> Soon it will be a year since
> 2.3.2 release, which is the current active now. Is someone currently
> working on that part (primer3) in Debian-Med?

Usually we try to follow all new upstream versions soonish - I guess the
MIPS problem was a blocker to some extend.  I did not worked myself on
primer3.  If you want to make sure we will realise and package new
versions as soon as possible it would be a good idea if you would file
a bug report severity wishlist (by using reportbug) saying something
like "new upstream version available".

Kind regards and thanks for providing primer3 as free software

       Andreas.

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?arch=mips&pkg=primer3&ver=2.3.2-1