Re: Role of SHOGUN in Debian Med

Hi Andreas,

the issue with shogun & debian currently is that it requires ~3.5GB of
memory to compile for some of its interfaces. Build bots where choking
on this so I have no idea what to do about it. That is the reason I gave
up getting a current version into wheezy. So it is not a good idea to
more forcefully depend on this package currently.

IMHO the most useful is the python_modular interface but surely it
depends on which language one is used to / wants to use. I don't
recommend to use any of the static interfaces nowadays (very limited
feature subset / functionality).

It certainly is one of the more popular ML toolkits. Back in academia I
did a couple of tools with it that might still be state-of-the-art, like
asp (a splice site detector) and arts (a human tss detector).

Best,
Soeren

--
For the one fact about the future of which we can be certain is that it
will be utterly fantastic. -- Arthur C. Clarke, 1962