Re: Packaging OpenEMR officially for Debian

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:07:57 -0400
> Von: "Sam Bowen, MD" <drbowen@oemr.org>
> An: Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
> CC: Debian Med Project List <debian-med@lists.debian.org>, Brady Miller <brady@sparmy.com>
> Betreff: Re: Packaging OpenEMR officially for Debian

> Dear Andreas:
>
> Good to hear from you again.  I loved the conference and was very glad
> to meet you in person.   I discussed this with Brady Miller after my
> return from Geneva.  One of Brady's concerns was the the ability of
> upgrading existing OpenEMR installations using a standard Debian
> package.  i was hoping that you would address this with him?
>
> Sam Bowen, MD

Ho do you guys handle the upgrades? Note I assume you are talking about database upgrades ? IN GNUmed we just ship updated files. Actually upgrading the database is up to the user. They have to call a shell script (upgrade-db.sh)

Sebastian