Re: Packaging OpenEMR officially for Debian

Hi Sam,

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 08:07:57AM -0400, Sam Bowen, MD wrote:
> Dear Andreas:
>
> Good to hear from you again.  I loved the conference and was very
> glad to meet you in person.

Same for me. :-)

> I discussed this with Brady Miller
> after my return from Geneva.  One of Brady's concerns was the the
> ability of upgrading existing OpenEMR installations using a standard
> Debian package.  i was hoping that you would address this with him?

Well, upgradability is one of Debian's strengthes in general.  In
principle I can not see a reason why an official Debian package should
have more problems in upgrading an existing OpenEMR installation than
an inofficial package.  However, we probably need to investigate the
details to see whether there might be some pitfalls.