Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

Hi Luis,

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 06:17:55PM -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:

> I just double checked in my recent build, and yes, we still
> need to address the (a) gtmsecshr and (b) gtmsecshrdir  suid    :-/

I guess that's connected to the lintian runtime errors, right?

> I need to track on whether this is something that must be done
> with CMake or something to be done with the gtminstall script.

IMHO this is no real technical question because both will most probably
work.  It rather should be discussed with upstream how they would like
it to be.  If it should be changed in general (and I do not see any
reason to keep it this way) most probably CMake is the method of choice.
Otherwise you could do this with some override_<something> in
debian/rules.

> > using pbuilder  or cowbuilder is plain easy when you have .dsc source
> > package already... pretty much in simplest case:
> >
> > cowbuilder --create         # to be done once to create clean env
> > cowbuilder --build bla.dsc  # to build source package into binaries
> >

> I haven't used cowbuilder,
> but I'll give it a shot tomorrow,
> following your instructions.

That's pretty easy and one of the more easy lessons.

> That's my bad....
>
> When I run it in my VM, I get an error about "9",
> which probably means that my VM is not up to
> date enough...
>
> I'll avoid committing changes to this number. Sorry.

No need to sorry.  You will see that this issue vanishes once you are
using a cowbuilder chroot.