Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

On 06/29/12 05:19, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:02:07PM -0400, Luis Ibanez wrote:
>>> so I could have also a look and then
>> I think we are ready for this step.
> Sounds good and I would probably consider to do it before tomorrow
> evening.  While I think NEW will not be processed before the freeze we
> could use it as our internal goal.
>
> So please let me rephrase what needs to be done:
>
>   1. Check out orig source using
>        make -f debian/rules get-orig-source
>   2. Use Build stuff in SVN to build the package
>
> Is this correct?  If yes I'd be very happy to do this and upload.
>
> Question: It seems development is strongly focussed on Git.  It might
> sound natural to move the packaging also into Debian Med git.  Do you
> agree and if yes do we want to do this step before we upload or after?
> Also if yes: If you regard the history of packaging as relevant would
> you volunteer to move the packaging in SVN to Git (I'm no Git expert
> I would only follow the instructions to create a new repository)?

Andreas,
We chose git because that's what Luis was already using. My opinion, choose the repository that makes it easier to manage the
GT.M package.

As far as history goes, we can ignore everything except the changes that we made to the GT.M sources. I will take responsibility
of committing the sources to the final repository. Just point me to it and let me know what I need to do. NB I am not a Debian
developer.

thanks,
Amul