UniProt/SwissProt individual records and copyright/license

Dear Debian-Med team,

Please Cc: me as I am not subscribed to the list.

I am writing you, following a discussion started by Charles Plessy on
debian-devel a couple of months ago [1] about copyright/license for
individual records from UniProt.
 I would like to know what was the final word on this topic, as I am
currently updating ruby-bio package (inside the Ruby team) and noticed
that such a sample of data is present in the package (for the test
suite).
 As no new version of emboss has been uploaded since the discussion, I
wanted to know if it was possible to use a statement similar as the one
in debian/copyright of the Git repo of emboss [2] for the data file
shipped with ruby-bio [3].

Thank you very much!

Cédric

   1: https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/04/msg00075.html