Re: [MoM] Any student for June?

Dear Karsten,

> > > I am not working on packaging dcm4chee anymore...
> >
> > Adi, thanks for the hint which allows to avoid duplicate
> > work. Does there exist a place where the knowledge you
> > generated on dcm4chee packaging is collected (VCS,
> > web page, ...) ?
I took Andreas work from here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/dcm4che/trunk/
and found out that I need to modify one of maven's config files as
described here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2012/03/msg00226.html (this just
specifies the path to the imageio jar file because maven was unable to find
it).
Furthermore I disabled some test cases to first get a working package but
it turned out there is more left to do

> There *are*, BTW, unofficial packages available:
>
> 	http://cdmedicpacsweb.sourceforge.net/CDMEDIC_PACS_WEB.html
>
> from which one can probably glean a lot of ideas.
I found them too, but I was unable to find the source code. There are
however some google hits suggesting Andreas and Pablo Sau had some contact
and discussed integration of those packages into debian already.

> Maybe the current goal cannot be to get dcm4chee into /main
> but rather into /nonfree ?
Why? Are there any licensing issues I missed?

-- Adi