Saint for Debian

Hi Hyungwon,

the Debian Med project[1] tries to make Debian the best distribution for
medical care and microbiologic research.  To approach this we try to
package any relevant software for inclusion into official Debian and we
have quite a set of programs in the field of biology[2].

I became aware of SAINT and would like to package it for Debian as well.
I downloaded the tarball from sourceforge[3] and realised two show
stoppers to do so:

  1. I did not found any licensing statement neither inside the code
     itself nor any specification on the web site.  This is a no go
     for Debian.  Could you please add some license statement, preferably
     inside the downloadable archive?

  2. You are shipping a PDF manual inside the Zip archive (unfortunately
     in the root of the unpacking dir = "dirty tarball", but that's not
     the main problem.  If we want to include this PDF inside the Debian
     package (which would be a good thing for our users) the Debian
     ftpmasters will require the LaTeX source which was used to build
     this PDF (provided that it also is covered by a free license - see
     above).  Could you include this as well?

Finally I have a patch for the clean target of your Makefile which
ensures that clean can be called even in the just unpackages tarball.
The patch is quite simple and can be viewed in our SVN[4].

[1] http://www.debian.org
[2] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/saint-apms/files/
[4] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/saint/trunk/debian/patches/fix-makefile.patch?revision=10571&view=markup