Re: Status of Altree

Hi Vincent,

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 02:58:48AM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>   Sorry for not answering the previous mail. I exchanged a few mails
> with Claire about it and then I completely forgot about it.

Sorry also from my side to push that hard about this.

>   Claire released altree 1.2 today. This version can be packaged.
> You can work from the patch in attachment if you want.

I guess we can wait for the dependencies to propagate to unstable
anyway.

>   Note that this version of altree requires two new dependencies.
> These are both perl packages that are wrapper to existing, already
> packaged C libraries.
> I wrote these perl packages and did a initial packaging that I refresh
> today (so they should be ok to be uploaded). You can find the work on
> these packages here:
> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libgsl-perl.git;a=summary
> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libtamuanova-perl.git;a=summary
>
> Development of the perl packages themselves can be found here:
> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/gsl-perl.git;a=summary
> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/tamuanova-perl.git;a=summary
>
>   Do you want I upload libgsl-perl and libtamuanova-perl, or do you
> want to do it yourself?

For me it is not really important who would finally do the upload but
I'm in big favour of team maintaining the packages in an repository on
alioth.  Both packages would fit into the scope of pkg-perl team as well
as Debian Science team, also Debian Med Git is perfectly fine as we also
keep other non-medical/non-biological preconditions for other packages
there.  If I'm not totally misleaded both repositories are writable for
any DD and you could choose yourself in what team you feel the most
comfortable.  Once the packages are in a team repository and the
Maintainer is set as the team we could just discuss who might do the
final upload.

For the moment I have the problem that I can not clone the repositories
you mentioned above:

$ git clone  http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libgsl-perl.git
Cloning into 'libgsl-perl'...
error: The requested URL returned error: 403 while accessing http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libgsl-perl.git/info/refs
fatal: HTTP request failed
$ git clone  git://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libgsl-perl.git
Cloning into 'libgsl-perl'...
$ git clone  git://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libgsl-perl
Cloning into 'libgsl-perl'...

In case you might be short in time to do the migration to alioth
yourself (provided you like my suggestion at all), I'd volunteer to
create a repository in Debian Med from scratch (because I can not really
clone your work).  Just tell me what you consider the most
straightforeward way to team maintenance or whether you would like
to upload yourself.

Kind regards and thanks for supporting Debian Med