Re: Health 2.0 Developer Challenge

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 08:19:52PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> > IMHO the answer is quite simple to answer: We can not be better than the
> > programs we are packaging.
> > It is hard to demonstrate a program you do not know.  However, I think I
> > remember that GNUmed people did some demo video.
>
> yes and no -- I think that I should not even try to present some
> individual software solutions

OK, than I missunderstood your question.

> High-level summary: secure-by-design OS helps to maintain data
> privacy/security at appropriate level, while "secure" application on a
> vulnerable OS cannot protect data adequately.

Right.

> >   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/
>
> cool -- you keep a nice archive of them!

:-)
I hope others would do as well.

> meanwhile on
> http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/other_en.html
> broken link:
> http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/201203_osm_workshop/oam.pdf

Thanks - fixed.

> > and recently maintain these in
> >   git://people.debian.org/~/talks.git
>
> sorry -- I guess url needs to be fixed up a bit -- also I don't
> find you under /srv/git.debian.org/git/users  on git.debian.org

Right, it is not on git.debian.org but rather on people.debian.org.  My
original plan was that the git repository there could be used in parallel
as the HTML archive I'm maintaining.  But somehow the repository has only
the control information and not the plain files - so probably it really
should be moved to git.d.o to not waste space on people.d.o (or is there
a trick to see the real files (like a checkout of master)?  My plan was to
replace the current `rsync` by a `git push`.

For the URL you might like to try

  git://people.debian.org/~tille/talks.git

(for me it worked with the URL git+ssh).

> > >    supporting materials -- also not sure what could be a worth adding
> > >    (Social Contract? ;) )
> > Not totally sure what you mean here.
>
> I am not sure either of what supporting materials they would like to
> see ;-)

We have some papers in Debian Med SVN under trunk/community/papers ...

> > It is hard to demonstrate a program you do not know.  However, I think I
> > remember that GNUmed people did some demo video.
>
> if there were demo videos from projects Debian Med provides/support --
> that would be cool -- could serve the "screen saver" to run on the demo
> box/laptop just to attract audience to moving dots ;)

Something like this ...

> > I'm attaching some example abstract I used at some previous event:
>
> thanks -- if I decide to jump in -- I will share all the materials I
> submit/use

Have fun at the event and BTW, greetings to your better half for making
the event possible for you ;-)