Re: Plans for ITK version 4

there seems to be a new build-depends complication:

    libgeotiff-dev  depends on libtiff5-dev,

    libtiff5-dev is not (yet) providing libtiff-dev (but conflicting with libtiff4-dev providing
    it)

    itk4 and libvtk5-dev depending on libtiff-dev

that makes it impossible to satisfy build-depends (tried on sparc)...

but now I am totally confused:

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libtiff5-dev
says that

experimental: Virtual package
provided by: libtiff-dev

but http://packages.debian.org/experimental/libtiff-dev
Package: libtiff-dev (4.0.0~beta6-3 and others)
mentions it available only for alpha and hppa

Jay -- could you please clarify the situation?  what is that libtiff-dev source
package in experimental ? or/and  when libtiff5-dev would provide
libtiff-dev?

or am I missing the point here?