Re: Are we relevant under terms of "free bioinformatics software"

On 03/15/2012 02:36 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
>> Agreed. And then there is this ever-lasting issue about the uncertainty
>> what our home page should be.
> yeah -- I always just google debian-med and choose one which fits me
> best
:)   I just use (some of) the packages ...
> IMHO ideally it should be something easy to remember.... e.g.
> med.debian.net ? ;)
And bio.debian.net as an alias :)   Just kidding. Somewhat. I would
support your suggestion.

My hunch is that we need an exchange about the practical side of the
packages more to educate our users and us not only about what software
we have in the archive but also about some creative way to use it. So,
if the Debian Med wiki would start to have dedicated pages for
individual packages it features, then this is nothing I could personally
maintain, but our user base could. Every such page would also link to
somewhere on the DebianMed developers portal, which the search engines
should take some notice of.

Steffen