Re: Uploaded r-cran-rsqlite (Re: Sponsor for r-cran-proto).

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> wrote:
> Dear Carlos,
>
> I uploaded r-cran-rsqlite.  I noted that you forgot to push your tags; please
> push them.

I made a mistake here. At one point after pushing the initial
repository and forgetting to push tags, I mess up my local repository
so I erased and recloned. This means I don't have access to the tags
created be git-import-orig. Sorry about that. Can I go back and
recreate the tags using the ids from git log?

> I have the impression that the package uses the code copy of SQLite instead of
> the material provided by libsqlite3-dev.  That would definitely be something to
> solve, as otherwise it means that each time Debian's SQLite is corrected for
> bugs or security problems, r-cran-rsqlite will not benefit from it.

I agree 100% we need to use the Debian's sqlite. I don't know if you
saw the previous email exchange with Dirk. After changing
debian/rules, I did this test that made me confident we are linking
against the system sqlite:
Before:
$ ldd /usr/lib/R/site-library/RSQLite/libs/RSQLite.so | grep sqlite
$

After:
$ ldd /usr/lib/R/site-library/RSQLite/libs/RSQLite.so | grep sqlite
       libsqlite3.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libsqlite3.so.0
(0x00007fa474ed4000)
$

Do you think this is not prove enough? I'll be happy to completely
remove the sqlite code from the package if you think that is
necessary.

Thanks for your time,
Carlos