Re: InVesalius 3 Beta

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Thiago Franco Moraes
<tfmoraes@cti.gov.br> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Mathieu Malaterre
> <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Thiago Franco Moraes
>> <tfmoraes@cti.gov.br> wrote:
>> [...]
>>> already packaged in Debian. But now InVesalius is using a library I
>>> developed called Context aware smoothing [1], which is not package in
>>> Debian. Temporarily, I hope, I packaged Context aware smoothing inside
>>> the InVesalius package I created. To do that, I created a Makefile
>>> which is responsible to download, compile and put the necessary files
>>> at the right places in the InVesalius package. Yeah, it's an ugly
>>> workaround. And because of that, I duplicated the work.
>>
>> Don't do that. buildd machine do not have access to network when
>> building a package. Either completely provide a convenient copy,
>> and/or provide a debian package for Context.
>>
>> 2cts
>> --
>> Mathieu
>
> Hi Mathieu,
>
> Thanks!
>
> Good to know that. We are planing to put all c/c++ lib we've been
> developing inside a folder in InVesalius.

I've just seen the message from Andreas Tille. For some reason, the
email with his message wasn't to me.

Andreas, you are suggesting me to package "Context aware smoothing"
(ca_smoothing to the close friends :) ) ? As We, InVesalius'
developers, are planing to put all C/C++ libs together with InVesalius
code (inside a proper folder) in the following versions, don't you
think it's better to provide a copy of ca_smoothing inside the
invesalius***.orig.tar.gz, like Mathieu suggested?

Thanks!