Re: fixing rc-version-greater-than-expected-version

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 04:10:59PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > In this case version 2.0.0-beta6 users will not notice the final
> > release.  I fail to see your problem in using a technique which was
> > invented exactly for this purpose.
>
> When Upstream releases 2.0.0 we can package it as 1:2.0.0-1.

Unfortunately also our automatic tools will not inform us about the
2.0.0 release and thus chances are good that we only realise 2.0.1
release ... whenever this will happen.  For sure I'm writing this from a
perspective of somebody who always needs to rely on what uscan is
reporting because I will not manually watch specific download sites.

> So I propose to postpone the addition of the eopch for the day where somebody
> prepares thne next non-beta upload.

I keep in failing to understand that you are that careful with the
epochs method which in my eyes is nothing that should be avoided.