Re: Splitting imaging into two separate tasks

Andreas,

In some circles the differentiation is made as:

A)   "Biomedical imaging": Microscopy size...
B)   "Medical Imaging": Human size CTs, MRs, ultrasound

These categories are not perfect, since some applications
are in the border, but at least it provides an initial separation.

The user base tend to be different due to the application field,
(although we should be working closer together, since we have
so much technology in common... but that's another story).

Typical representatives of those categories could be:

               A) ImageJ, cellprofiler
               B) dcmtk, gdcm, ITK

Is there a base list of all the imaging applications that we
could go through and, maybe in a Wiki page, attempt to
classify them in one of these two categories ?

I'll be happy to take a first pass and suggest a split.

     Luis