packaging CamiTK?

Hello to all,

after the brilliant presentation of Andreas Tille and Mathieu Malaterre at LSM 2012 in Geneva, we (the CamiTK - small - development team) are contacting you to see if it could be desirable/possible to include CamiTK (http://camitk.imag.fr) in debian-med.

We were unfortunately not able to stay for the workshop Debian-med on the Tuesday.

As probably everyone here we have limited time resource but are willing to try if you think it is relevant to debian-med.

CamiTK (Computer Assisted Medical Intervention Tool Kit) is a C++ framework (including a ready-to-use application) build to help researchers and clinicians to easily and rapidly collaborate in order to prototype CAMI applications. The specificity of CamiTK, beside its modular component-based architecture, is that it enables full interaction/interoperability between medical images, surgical navigation and biomechanical simulations (e.g., by using another debian-med package called sofa-apps).

We have a good knowledge in C++ (Qt, VTK, ITK) but nearly no experience in packaging and the debian packaging process. The only thing we have at the moment is a simple CPack configuration (CamiTK uses CMake as its build-system) that can produce a installable .deb package (of unknown quality!).

To summarize, two questions:
- do you think CamiTK is worth being included in debian-med
- if yes, where should we start?

Thanks in advance (and thanks for all your work so far!)
Mahnu