Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

oy

indeed, bring it postinst into the game is actually what I was trying to
avoid altogether.... ok -- in such cases it is best to consult ...
another package ;) I see that I have /usr/bin/slock installed with suid
so getting sources

$> dpkg -S /usr/bin/slock
suckless-tools: /usr/bin/slock
$> apt-get source suckless-tools

and looking into debian/rules I found:

override_dh_fixperms:
        dh_fixperms -Xusr/bin/slock

ouch... let's RTFM:

       dh_fixperms makes all files in usr/share/doc in the package build directory (excluding files in the examples/ directory) be mode 644. It also changes the permissions of all man pages to mode 644. It makes all files be owned by root, and it removes group and other write permission from
       all files. It removes execute permissions from any libraries, headers, Perl modules, or desktop files that have it set. It makes all files in the standard bin and sbin directories, usr/games/ and etc/init.d executable (since v4). Finally, it removes the setuid and setgid bits from all
       files in the package.

it makes some sense now ;)  so we know how to avoid suid being reset! ;-)

anyone up for a commit?

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences