Re: [Debichem-devel] Where to maintain pdb2pqr

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 05:56:36PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Olivier is DD and in Debian Med team.  I'm fine with setting the
> maintainer to Debian Med team (back) and Olivier as Uploader.

Fine with me, too.

> Packaging should be a straightforeward upgrade - but if I'm not
> missleaded Manuel just gave an answer that he might do it.  I guess
> he will not mind if somebody else is faster doing the job.

I would mind that at the moment. PDB2PQR usually contains lots of code
copies, a weird (non-standard) autotools setup and is not that trivial
to package. It might be better with the 1.8 release, but I doubt
it. I've done some preliminary inspection of the source package
already and would like to finish packaging it. I do welcome Olivier's
help alot but I fear that at this point in time we waste effort when
we do the same work in parallel. If I can't finish until Monday, I'll
let Olivier know so he can take over.

>  (I also remember that Manuel voted against moving to debichem SVN
> because keeping the history is hard for partial checkouts.)

Yes, I guess keeping the history as is is probably best. My impression
was that Debian Med and DebiChem work together quite well due to some
overlap of developers. So IMHO it's not important where the repo
lives. My impression might be wrong, though.

Best regards,
Manuel