Re: Do we track releases or development versions [Was: r-bioc-cummerbund ... upstream/1.1.3-17-gae72ebb]

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 11:32:11AM -0400, Carlos Borroto wrote:
>>
>> I agree on following stable releases as a general rule. The reason I
>> chose to use development version of cummeRbund was because at the time
>> upstream was recommending it. The package was on heavy development and
>> stable releases tied to Bioconductor were getting behind quite fast. I
>> just checked the upstream website and now the recommendation is to use
>> the stable version tied to Bioconductor.
>>
>> I just finish my semester yesterday and I plan to get up to speed with
>> several TODOs I have with the packages I'm contributing to.
>
> Thanks for the clarification.
>
>> I'll do this update right away.
>
> Just let us know if you need any help / sponsoring.

Hi Andreas,

I'm taking a look at this package and everything seems ready. I see
you already fixed the watch file. Regarding citation, I haven't read
yet how we are doing this, but I will soon. Do you wan't me to get the
changelog ready and ask for sponsoring? Or do you have something else
in mind that should be tackle before submission?

Thanks,
Carlos