Re: Altree in Debian

  Hi,

Le 02/05/2012 11:07, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Please let us (=debian-med@lists.debian.org) know if you need help with
> altree and its predepends.  We perfectly understand you need your
> private time and can step in if you tell us what steps need to be done.

  I uploaded TamuAnova (the perl bindings to libtamuanova already
packaged in Debian) into CPAN. This means that libtamuanova-perl
should probably be handled into the Perl team.
  My debian package libtamuanova-perl need to be improved in two
points before upload:
- I use Math::TamuAnova in the release uploaded to CPAN instead of
  TamuAnova as before. It should just work but it is better to check.
  More important, the package name must be changed to
  libmath-tamuanova-perl (better to do it before upload).
- watch file must be updated to point at CPAN instead of my private
  repo.

  About libgsl-perl that was another personnal little perl library
wrapper to a few libgsl functions, I saw that the functions altree
use are now available in the PDL::Stats (http://pdl-stats.sourceforge.net/)
perl package. I think it would be better to use it instead of
uploading my libgsl-perl package.
  I started to package it (see
git://git.ligforge.imag.fr/git/users/vdanjean/bio/libpdl-stats-perl.git
in a few minutes) but I did not remember if I finished it or not...

  Would you be ok if:
- you upload libmath-tamuanova-perl and libpdl-stats-perl in
  Debian (through the Perl Debian team?) probably based on my
  packaging
- I fix altree to fix the dependency in the code (ie Math::Tamuanova
  instead of TamuAnova and PDL::Stats instead of GSL) and we
  release a new version of altree with these dependencies.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0x9D025E87         vdanjean@debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: FC95 08A6 854D DB48 4B9A  8A94 0BF7 7867 9D02 5E87