Patch for PLink to build using gcc-4.7 - please confirm that it is correct

Hi Shaun,

as you know the Debian Med team has packaged plink for Debian.  Recently
we received a bug report that the package does not build when using gcc
4.7 and we were working on a patch to solve this.  You can find the
patch here:

   http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debian-med/trunk/packages/plink/trunk/debian/patches/gcc-4.7.patch?view=markup

I found this solution by the help of some people on debian-mentors list
but I want to issue a BIG WARNING:  If you look at the patch at the
given URL in line 67 I admit I was just wild guessing what "j" you are
really meaning.  To my understanding this is very bad coding style and I
would strongly recommend to strictly use different variables.  I would
be really happy if you would confirm that my wild guess was right (or
please correct me if I was wrong) because my C coding knowledge is
restricted to pure ANSII C and C++ looks sometimes quite magical to me.

BTW, people at debian-mentors criticised the amount of warnings when
using the -Wall option which unreveals a real lot of warnings which are
hard to parse and some more strict following of coding guidelines might
help here.

Kind regards and thanks for providing plink as Free Software