Re: Status of Altree

Le 23/04/2012 08:06, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Vincent,
>
> On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 02:58:48AM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>>   Sorry for not answering the previous mail. I exchanged a few mails
>> with Claire about it and then I completely forgot about it.
>
> Sorry also from my side to push that hard about this.
>
>>   Claire released altree 1.2 today. This version can be packaged.
>> You can work from the patch in attachment if you want.
>
> I guess we can wait for the dependencies to propagate to unstable
> anyway.
>
>>   Note that this version of altree requires two new dependencies.
>> These are both perl packages that are wrapper to existing, already
>> packaged C libraries.
>> I wrote these perl packages and did a initial packaging that I refresh
>> today (so they should be ok to be uploaded). You can find the work on
>> these packages here:
>> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libgsl-perl.git;a=summary
>> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/libtamuanova-perl.git;a=summary
>>
>> Development of the perl packages themselves can be found here:
>> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/gsl-perl.git;a=summary
>> http://git.ligforge.imag.fr/?p=users/vdanjean/bio/tamuanova-perl.git;a=summary
>>
>>   Do you want I upload libgsl-perl and libtamuanova-perl, or do you
>> want to do it yourself?
>
> For me it is not really important who would finally do the upload but
> I'm in big favour of team maintaining the packages in an repository on
> alioth.  Both packages would fit into the scope of pkg-perl team as well
> as Debian Science team, also Debian Med Git is perfectly fine as we also
> keep other non-medical/non-biological preconditions for other packages
> there.  If I'm not totally misleaded both repositories are writable for
> any DD and you could choose yourself in what team you feel the most
> comfortable.  Once the packages are in a team repository and the
> Maintainer is set as the team we could just discuss who might do the
> final upload.

I will look at CPAN how it is easy to upload the perl module itself.
If I upload them here, I will put the Debian package into debian-perl,
else I will put it in the Debian Science or Debian Med.

> For the moment I have the problem that I can not clone the repositories
> you mentioned above:

URLs were http links to gitweb. URL for cloning are (http should also work) :
git://git.ligforge.imag.fr/git/users/vdanjean/bio/libgsl-perl.git
git://git.ligforge.imag.fr/git/users/vdanjean/bio/libtamuanova-perl.git
git://git.ligforge.imag.fr/git/users/vdanjean/bio/gsl-perl.git
git://git.ligforge.imag.fr/git/users/vdanjean/bio/tamuanova-perl.git

> In case you might be short in time to do the migration to alioth
> yourself (provided you like my suggestion at all), I'd volunteer to
> create a repository in Debian Med from scratch (because I can not really
> clone your work).  Just tell me what you consider the most
> straightforeward way to team maintenance or whether you would like
> to upload yourself.

I will try CPAN today and come back to tell you if I put them in
Debian Perl or Debian Med.

  Regards,
    Vincent

--
Vincent Danjean          Adresse: Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble
Téléphone:  +33 4 76 61 20 11            ENSIMAG - antenne de Montbonnot