Re: Fwd: Re: [Debian-med-packaging] j2f package

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 05:39:49PM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> >> Regarding different blas fortran code, should we try using it in place
> >> of provided one in cvs ?
> > I'd say whatever leads flawlessly to the final goal to get mtj.jar
> > packaged.  It might be of academical interest to base the build process
> > on the maintained Debian packaged code, however, I'm afraid this might
> > create a lot of extra work which is not rewarded by the final use case
> > as the users of the original mtj.jar never cared about this.
> I indeed think that may be quite difficult. Using source blast.j would
> be easier

As I said: We should choose the most straightforeward way to get mtj
packaged.

> >> 3) update build.xml to use netlib-java lib + f2j  to generat mtj
> How do you want to share the work ?

Just tell me where you need help.  I could set high priority onto this
task because I would be really interested to finally get beast out.
I'll adapt tou you wishes - just propose what might fit your workload.

> Do you want I package jlapack and netlib-java ?
> Build stuff should be easy, I have not care yet however at licensing etc...

I'd volunteer to write debian/copyright files if this would help
speeding up things.  I could also dive into get-orig-source but I think
this would be no big deal.  Just tell me how I could help and I'll do
so.