Re: Are we relevant under terms of "free bioinformatics software"

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 02:50:32PM +0100, Steffen Möller wrote:
> And bio.debian.net as an alias :)

:-)
As I said - registering is cheap and I would not mind doing so if
somebody cares for the content.

> My hunch is that we need an exchange about the practical side of the
> packages more to educate our users and us not only about what software
> we have in the archive but also about some creative way to use it. So,
> if the Debian Med wiki would start to have dedicated pages for
> individual packages it features, then this is nothing I could personally
> maintain, but our user base could.

I remember that once we started package lists in the Wiki (and I think
there are some remaining).  I did not verified who did the edits - but I
doubt anybody else than we developers did a single change.  So I have my
doubts whether user maintained Wiki pages will be something else than
more work for us or end up as outdated as any other pages we (do not
really) maintain.