Re: debian/upstream: How to verify valid yaml

Le Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 10:38:50PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> as you might have noticed I try to inject debian/upstream files into UDD
> and I stumbled upon an issue of invalid yaml which for instance can be
> observed in debian/upstream of package seaview[1].  The thing is that the
> Reference title contains a ': ' string which is explicitely mentioned as
> a pitfall[2] when doing manual YAML editing.  You can easily verify this
> when visiting

> ERROR:
>
> mapping values are not allowed here
>   in "<unicode string>", line 3, column 26:
>      title: SeaView version 4: a multiplatform
>                              ^

Hi Andreas,

I actually missed that you tried to inject the whole files.  On the gathering
part, I am preparing a trigger that will update each packages that are
newly uploaded to the archive, by monitoring debian-devel-changes.  I hope
to push this on upstream-metadata.debian.net this week-end.

  http://git.debian.org/?p=users/plessy/umegaya.git

For the YAML syntax, I validate using the way I documented on the wiki:

  http://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata
  perl -MYAML -e '$/="";  Load(<STDIN>)' < upstream  # needs the libyaml-perl package installed

This can easily become a Lintian check.

But where is your SeaView upstream file from ?  In SVN and Unstable, there is a
space between the colon and the number:

   title: SeaView version 4 : a multiplatform graphical user interface for sequence alignment and phylogenetic tree building

I see that the Perl module validates both versions with and without space
anyway.  If this module is too laxist, we need to recommend another one.

Cheers,

--
Charles