Re: [ftpmaster@debian.org: freediams_0.7.0~beta1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED]

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 05:25:11PM +0100, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> >> I was thinking about creating all apps with only one set of debian files : freemedforms-project. Which compils all apps && create all requiered packages (freemedforms emr, freediams, freeicd, freeaccount and other).
> >>
> >> But I need for each app to run qmake, then compile it, then install it.
> >
> > Seems you are asking for trouble explicitely.  I never did this and
> > I would strongly try to avoid this even if it somehow possible with
> > dpkg source format 3.0.
>
> Arf !
> Here is what is planned (and actually nearly done from the new upstream). The source package is common for every applications of the freemedforms project (25-27Mo actually).
>
> The main package will build (in one time) && install (in one time) all freemedforms apps using the debian/rules/override_dh_auto_configure &&  override_dh_auto_install.
>
> Then we just have to create multiple packages from these build:
> - freemedforms-libs (common to all sub-projects)
> - freemedforms-theme (common to all sub-projects)
> - freemedforms-freedata (common to all sub-projects)
> - freemedforms-emr
> - freemedforms-freediams
> - freemedforms-freeicd
>
> An example of freediams.install could be
> usr/bin/freediams
> usr/lib/freediams    (the freediams plugins)
> usr/share/applications/freediams* (or something like this ?)
>
> Is that sound correct for you ?

Provided that I understood your correctly (and I admit I'm not fully
sure about this) I'd consider it doable but not optimal.  I would
prefer the more modularised approach:

  * leave the current freediams source package as is
  * create more binary packages from it which enables reasonable
    dependencies like
      freediams-libs
      freediams-theme
      freediams-data
  * create freemedforms from a separate tarball and making the
    binary package
      Depends: freediams-libs, freediams-theme, freediams-data

My advise is following the logic that freediams is a prefectly usable
standalone application which provides interfaces for other EMRs like
GNUmed as well.  From my perspective it would be suboptimal to bundle
it into freemedforms.

Please note:  I have only few insight into freediams and freemedforms
and thus my advise might be wrong.