bowtie2, sse_util.h copyright

Hello ,
I'm writing to you on behalf of Debian Med, an internal team of the Debian GNU/Linux distribution
which tries to make Debian prepared best for use in medicine and biology.
We've created a Debian package of bowtie2 [1] and want to upload it to Debian. But there is an ambiguity with sse_util.h file which contains the following copyright header:

Copyright 2011 Johns Hopkins University. All rights reserved.

Could you please be so kind and clarify the copyright of this file ?
(hopefully it can be redistributed under a free license).

Thank you in advance,
Alex

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/bowtie2.git