Re: Looking for sponsor for r-bioc-cummerbund

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 11:50:00AM -0500, Carlos Borroto wrote:
>> And finally(for now!), could I please get help sponsoring r-bioc-cummerbund:
>> git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/r-bioc-cummerbund
>
> Done (after some minor changes - git pull).
>
>> There is some testing data include with this R package:
>> $ du -sh r-bioc-cummerbund/inst/extdata/
>> 1.7M  r-bioc-cummerbund/inst/extdata/
>>
>> But it is all text. I will get myself to change these R packages
>> including testing data, to have the data in a different package. Would
>> it be possible to upload as-is now and do this in the near future?
>
> It's obviosely possible. :-)
>
> And yes, I would love to see a more granular packaging moving examples
> and perhaps docs to separate packages but that is no real blocker for
> uploading as is.  Feel free to ask here if you have no idea what to do
> for splitting the package into multiple binaries.
>
> Thanks for preparing
>
>       Andreas.

Thanks Andreas, that was a quick sponsoring!

I'll look into separating the packages and I'll make sure to ask if I
run into problems.

BTW, debian/watch file in r-bioc-limma is not working. I was able to
get it working on r-bioc-cummerbund. I chose to go with the devel
version of bioconductor, but in any case, you will need to use
'opts=downloadurlmangle' to fix the download url. I'll be happy to
push this fix to r-bioc-limma if you think it would be appropriate.

Thanks again,
Carlos