Re: bowtie2 packaging

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 10:52:50AM +0100, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
> I started work on bowtie2 packaging and I see that bowtie is already
> packaged in svn [2].
> I am wondering if any packaging job has already been done on bowtie2 ?

Not that I would know of.

> And if not, would you ( bowtie uploaders )

The bowtie changelog is pretty short and my motivation to package it was
just because it served as a nice example in our first Debian Med sprint.

> mind if bowtie2 will be
> placed to git repository ?

Just regard the DoOcracy principle:  If you are volunteering to do
something on a package you can draw the final decision how this will be
done.  If there is no explicite bowtie user vote that the current
version is urgently needed and bowtie2 can not serve as a drop in
replacement just go for it.