Re: [MoM] Packaging fis-get

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:00 PM, Bhaskar, K.S <ks.bhaskar@fisglobal.com> wrote:
>>> In the mumps-clean machine,
>>> I had to install the following
>>> dependency packages:
>>>
>>> apt-get install libicu-dev
>>> apt-get install gnupg-doc
>>> apt-get install tcsh
>>> apt-get install zlib1g-dev
>>> apt-get install libncurses-dev
>>> apt-get install libgcrypt11-dev
>

> [KSB] I am puzzled by the gnupg-doc dependency and also puzzled by the lack
> of libgpgme11-dev dependency.

1) I installed gnupg-doc, as a way to trigger the installation
    of gnupg libraries, poor choice on my part, I should
    identify the proper gnupg package to install.
    My bad.

2) Ok, I will add libgpgme11-dev to the list.

>> So you should mention all thses as "Build-Depends" in the debian/control
>> file.

Yes, that's the plan.

>> If there is some install script provided by fis-gtm you should do
>> something which looks like
>>

>> PKG := $(shell dpkg-parsechangelog | sed -n 's/^Source: //p')
>>
>> override_dh_auto_install:
>>        <fis_gtm_install_script>  PREFIX=$(CURDIR)/debian/$(PKG)/usr
>>

>> or something like this if fis-gtm knows such PREFIX variable.
>> Alternatively you can install to
>>
>>        $(CURDIR)/debian/tmp
>>
>> and use dh_install afterwards to move files around.  There are zillions
>> of examples in Debian Med SVN.  Just have a read in some of the
>> packaging examples there and watch out for debian/rules and
>> debian/install files.
>

> [KSB] It would be worth looking at the gtminstall script packaged with GT.M

Thanks for pointing to it.

That's the hint that I was needing      :-)

I'll look at it.

     Luis