Re: Introduction

Hi Florent,

On Fri, Dec 30, 2011 at 09:24:19PM +1000, Florent Angly wrote:
> I maintain a few Perl modules on CPAN
> (http://search.cpan.org/~fangly/
> <http://search.cpan.org/%7Efangly/>) and have recently uploaded my
> first deb package, Math::Random::MT::Perl, at
> http://mentors.debian.net/package/libmath-random-mt-perl-perl. I
> have also joined the Debian Perl group.

While it is perfectly fine to maintain perl packages inside the Debian
Perl group (we are not competing each other about maintaining certain
packages) just tell us if you need a sponsor if needed.

> DebianMed has already packaged great programs that are useful to
> microbial ecologists (e.g. QIIME, Velvet). There are other ones that
> could be useful and that I could try to package. For example,
> MetaVelvet is an assembler specific to metagenomic datasets (but I
> do not know if is mature enough for packaging yet). Another example
> is Grinder (http://sourceforge.net/projects/biogrinder/) software to
> simulate amplicon and shotgun datasets.

Just let us know if you might face any blockers or need sponsors.
The rules should be layed out in Debian Med policy document.

> Thanks for letting me join the group and best regards,

Welcome in the team