Re: [med-svn] r8804 - trunk/packages/mgltools/pmv/trunk/debian

On 12/16/2011 07:22 PM, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Wed, 7 Dec 2011, Andreas Tille wrote:
>> Resolved circular dependency by recommending autodocktools instead from
>> depending from it.  In case there *really* should be a strong dependency this is not the correct fix and we need further work to
>> split up autodocktools in reasonable pieces to make sure we will reach the release goal.
>
> I just tried to install mgltools-pmv in sid and autodocktools was installed as well. So there should be no problem for the user
> but the cycle still seems to be present!?

These complaints about circular runtime (not build time) dependencies are truly annoying to me. I refuse to care about them if a
fix is not trivial. If I am not erroneous, neither PVM nor autodocktools starts without the other package. "Depends" is right.
Back then I have split the package up to match the upstream CVS repository. There was no real benefit from it. So, if those
complaints about this package in non-free continue, we should either aggregate all of mgltools or remove it all.

Thanks

Steffen