Re: proposed patch libbam-dev due to cufflinks configure script not picking up bam.h

On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 06:43:50PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Does anybody know how to avoid this ?
>
> I gave it a quick(!) try (see git) but failed.  I'd suggest asking on
> debian-mentors@lists.debian.org because there are people with a lot of
> experience (gaining it yourself will take you hours).

After having some not so quick look I at least found the reaosn for the
problem:  In debian/patches/0001-bam2samtools.patch the configure script
and the m4 files are tweaked to make sure it will find the bam.h header
file.  However when in dh_auto_clean the configure script is called
again this patch is not active any more.

Even if the root of the problem seems to be clear I'm not fully sure
what might be the best solution for this problem.  Any ideas?  (Perhaps
asking this really on debian-mentors?)