Re: proposed patch libbam-dev due to cufflinks configure script not picking up bam.h

On 12/02/2011 03:32 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi George,
>
> I admit I do not completely understand what you are suggesting but it
> feels somehow hackish.  I'd strongly advise to talk to Alexander and
> Charles who both rook part in the discussion in the cufflinks ITP
> (#627799) and have commited to packaging in Debian Med Git.
>
> Kind regards
>
>         Andreas.
>
> On Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 02:00:24AM +0300, George Marselis wrote:
>
>> *head-to-desk*
>>
>> so, i was trying to compile the latest version of cufflinks. it would
>> simply not budge: kept tripping over not finding bam.h . The culpit is
>> ax_bam.m4 : it is trying to find  @%:@include <bam/bam.h>  (line 105)
>> my solution was to ln -s /usr/include/samtools /usr/linclude/bam .
>> worked just fine.
>>
>> i see that in http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=20110104103405.GB28632%40sanger.ac.uk&forum_name=samtools-devel
>> there was a discussion going on from dec 2010 till may 2011, but it
>> does not look that anything came out of that. would incorporating the
>> softlink into libbam-dev be an acceptable solution till i finally
>> finish the autotools book and submit a patch to upsteam?
>>
>> thank you,
>>
>> george marselis
>>

>> --

Hello , I've imported a new version to the git repository :

http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=debian-med/cufflinks.git

the problem is that I can build source only one time , next time
dpkg-source realizes that some files in the source are modified by
previous build .

As far as I understood it runs autoconf and automake in the middle of
compiling and that modifies the following files: configure ,
Makefile.in  config.h.in and src/Makefile.in .

Does anybody know how to avoid this ?

Thank you ,
Alex