Re: Debian Med Advent Calendar

Le Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 07:04:10PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz a écrit :

> days are closing in, the year is drawing to an end and the Christmas
> season starts. Most of us will spend this time within the family
> circle. But we should also think of all those, that are not in such
> a fine situation.
> All around the world volunteers track down those poor souls and put
> their cases in a huge database. Some of them are merged together in
> a group, but most of them have a drab existence all alone.
> Although just some of us made the Hippocratic oath, we all should
> try to make the world better and take care of the needy.
> According to that database, there are about 70 cases which are
> relevant to Debian Med [1]. So please feel pity for them and allow
> the transition of as many as possible poor souls to their final
> destination, the retirement community in the Archive.
> As soon as I get the notice of a closed case I will record that in
> our Advent calendar[2]. In contrast to normal calendars, let us fill
> this special one with lots of good deeds. Maybe we can hide at least
> one number of a closed case behind every door.

Dear Thorsten,

I like to start mornings reading emails like this !

I do not remember seing such and advent calendar before; I am sure it can
inspire other teams as well.

Out of curiosity, I tried to click on the first of December to see what
happens.  But December has not started yet ;)  Nevertheless, even if it
would allow cheaters to inspect the chocolates in advance, I would
advocate putting a link to the source somewhere (on the star ?).  That
would be the cherry on the cake.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy