Re: Some Ginkgo issues (ITK, wxWidgets)

Hi Carlos,

(I reused the permission for posting to the list given previousely
because there was no private information in your mail.  Hope that's OK,
because otherwise you will not get the informatio to our imaging
experts.)

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 10:44:39AM +0100, Carlos Barrales wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We made some tests to inspect the behavior you noticed.
>
> I could be wrong, but it seems to me that there is two bug categories
> affecting them:
>
> * wxWidgets
> Due some "fuzzy" tickets like: http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/13146
> http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/13149
> it seems to me that there are some Gnome Unity incompatibilities with
> wxWidgets.
>
> * ITK
> 1) We have not deep into the colorpace problem yet, but clearly, the color
> inversion issue is explained in this Malaterre's wiki section:
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/gdcm/index.php?title=Using_GDCM_API#What_is_the_color_space_used_by_GDCM_to_ouput_an_Image_.3F
> So the problem is ours and have to think about how to adapt the gdcm 2.x
> change in ginkgocadx reading pipeline.
> 2) We have tried ITK 4.0 from trunk. Ginkgo will work with that version.
> 3) We have not full tried the segfault on dicom open. Seems not happening
> on ITK4, but deep testing still work in progress.

I can not comment on things above because I'm lacking detailed knowledge
about these.

> BTW: I forgot to notice you that new 2.6.0 final includes http proxy
> support.

Great.  BTW, the automatic tool which scans upstream for new versions
fails in realising that 2.6.0.0_rc < 2.6.0.0_final.  It would help if
you simply drop the "final" from the version string (or remove the
RC candidate).