questions regarding packaging
Thanks so much for your help with neobio. By watching the changes I
have learned a lot. I will use neobio as a template for further
I am planning debian packages for the protein workbench strap and an
advanced text-viewer. Both are based on the same jar-file. Therefore I
consider three packages - is this the right approach?
1. "strap-base" providing the jar-file
2. "strap" which depends on strap-base, clustalw and several others
3. "strap-text-viewer" which depends on strap-base and doccat.
This will be a text viewer mainly for plain text
(but also Winword and perhaps odt and docx)
Improved search/highlight, Scriptability and
text size up to several 100MB.
There is already a preliminary version of strap-base in the svn.
It does already produce a strap-base_1-1_all.deb file (-:
Some more questions,
1. Strap has several icons, without an explicit copyright -
e.g. icons from bioinformatics databases. Should I better delete
all those icons to avoid problems?
2. Can I define variables within a code block of a Makefile?
For example I wanted to put the output of a find-command in a variable
to reuse this output in a later line.
3. Supposed I am in the directory of some package like
/trunk/packages/cinema/trunk/. Is there a simple sequence of
commands or a single command to perform all steps: (1)Downloading
the orig, (2) compiling and (3) make the cinema-*.deb file?