Small announcement for the removal of treetool and biococoa.app ?

Le Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 10:45:29AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I decided to reassign this bug to ftpmaster for removal of biococoa.app.
> Whoever has any interest in the application is free to fix the issues
> mentioned above in sequenceconverter.app and upload to new.

Hi Andreas,

I think that it is a good decision.  I propose that I add the following news on
our website.

The Debian Med project has removed two packages it maintains, treetool and
biococoa.app, that were not developed for a long time and started to cause bugs
difficult or time-consuming to solve.  We distribute a large number of packages
for phylogentic analysis, that would be too long to list here, that can replace
treetool, as well as other graphical interfaces that can be used like
biococoa.app to convert between sequence formats, like jemboss or
emboss-explorer.  Past version of treetool and biocooca.app will always be
distributed in archive.debian.org and snapshot.debian.org.  If for some reason
you would like to ask us to reconsider our decision, please do not hesitate to
contact us on our mailing list.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy