Re: MrBayes-3.2pre(svn r465)

Hi Pjotr,

thanks for working on MrBayes.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 02:56:12PM +0200, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated the MrBayes package for the upcoming 3.2 release. The mb
> build system migrated to autoconf and friends. The Debian package sits
> in
>
>   git+ssh://pjotr-guest@alioth.debian.org//srv/home/users/pjotr-guest/mrbayes.git

If you intend to switch to Git which is perfectly fine, wouldn't it make sense
to rather create

    git://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/mrbayes.git

and follow the way described in our policy[1]?

> On i386 it builds without sse, which may be wanted, but I think the
> Debian policy is to stick with compiler defaults. 64-bits sse is
> default.
>
> The MPI version now works properly. The old package used an invocation
> script, which is broken.

Just ping me if you need sponsoring and nobody more deeply involved
would go for this.

[1] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#subversion-to-git