Re: MediSnap - GPLv3 medical photo system - just released

Hi,

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 07:48:08AM +0100, Jan Kechel wrote:
> On 10/15/2011 07:33 AM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > Hi Jan,
> >
> > the quite interesting discussion about medisnap endet somehow when we
> > realised that the non-free SDK from Olympus is a prerequisite for this
> > software.
>
> Yes .. it's also my fault as I got stuck within millioins of other things ;)

No problem.

> >  However, if you ask me any work which was done regarding a
> > Debian package should somehow be kept in our repository for two reasons:
> >
> >   1. It might help users creating their private Debian package
> >   2. It might be that we somehow might get a replacement for the
> >      non-free SDK and thus it is good to make some more noise about
> >      the package and its importance.
>
> Sure! It's still an interesting project .. and at least the drivers from
> Olympus are freely available. In the meantime maybe somebody else will
> adopt another camera with free drivers (i think nikon has some .. ) I
> also once heard rumors that olympus already _has_ Linux-Drivers, but
> that these are kept secret from other countries .. I don't know :)

Sounds somehow promising.

> > So if you have something done for the packaging, would you mind
> > commiting the according code?
>
> I'm not sure if there is something left I didn't commit.
>
> I guess first I should try a checkout and see what is working an what
> not. The last thing i did was replace the packaged postgresql
> java-driver with a dependency on a deb-package, but that is already
> commited.

I guess this is a misunderstanding.  I was talking about the packaging
stuff in the debian/ directory which usually is stored in a SVN or Git
repository on alioth.debian.org.  Can you just give me a link to yo
repository with this debian/ directory?

> I'm actually not sure what is missing .. except of lots of improvements
> and stuff to the software itself of course ..

Thanks for the information