Re: Alioth: html output dir linked to vasks???

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 08:07:32PM +0200, David Paleino wrote:
> I didn't know you were writing pages in wagner.

I was advised by Alioth admins to do so and they installed all
preconditions to run the tools that are creating the tasks pages.

> The "Alioth split" was fixed by symlinking /srv/home/ in wagner to home
> dirs in vasks.

IN principle I think I understood the move.

> This way, post-commit hooks write to htdocs on vasks, which is symlinked on
> wagner, which is the host serving the webpages.

We previosely discussed the fact that post commit hooks can not write
any more to wagner.  I suggested to use a publish target in a related
Makefile (as I do it with the Blends documentation).

> Wouldn't it be possible to fix the task pages so that they are written on vasks?

Well, nothing is impossible, but I trust the Alioth admins that the way
we are doing things now is the most reasonable way and I would like to
keep on following this path.

> Sorry for the breakage,

No problem.  I do see two ways to get things working again:

   1. Revert the general symlink for htdocs and symlink only to those
      files / directories which really profit from this step.

   2. Revert the symlink and use a publish target as I suggested (and
      do not use the postcommit hook to move things around