Re: Alioth: html output dir linked to vasks???

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 13:38:16 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi,

Hello Andreas,

> I realised to my big surprise that the tasks pages are dated from
> 20. May 2011 (just before Alioth was moved).  When seeking for the
> reasons I was realising, that somebody had moved
>
>     /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/htdocs
>
> to a symlink pointing to
>
>     /srv/vasks.debian.org/home/groups/debian-med/htdocs
>
> While this not only contains outdated pages (which should be removed) it
> is also not writable from wagner.  I guess that this change is connected
> to fixing PET.  Could you please explain your motivation to do so before
> I might revert something which should not be reverted.  The minimum
> requirement the tasks pages are needing is to be able to write to
>
>     /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/htdocs/tasks
>     /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/htdocs/bugs
>
> from host wagner.

I didn't know you were writing pages in wagner.

The "Alioth split" was fixed by symlinking /srv/home/ in wagner to home
dirs in vasks.

This way, post-commit hooks write to htdocs on vasks, which is symlinked on
wagner, which is the host serving the webpages.

Wouldn't it be possible to fix the task pages so that they are written on vasks?

Sorry for the breakage,
David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino