Re: PCalendar

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 17:05, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> OK, that means one vote for cycle.  Do your consider it to be better
> than mencal?

Well, cycle is graphical and mencal isn't, but I've never used mencal,
so I don't have opinion on that.

> I'm fine with keeping software which has real users and no important
> bugs.  There is no reason to kick something if there are no obvious
> problems.
>
> However, do you agree just to Suggest cylce and keep the only Depends
> on pcalendar?

Considering the situation, I must agree. :) But, I didn't install
cycle as a dependency of anything, so if it's in Debian it is not a
problem.

>> maybe there are more people who don't like Java. :)
>
> On the other hand if it is the only reason to not use a certain end user
> application because it is written in some programming language this will
> end up in severe flaws at some point in time.

This is just my practice not to install Java programs. Eventually, I
will probably end up installing it when I don't have other choice. :)

Karolina