Re: Article in PLoS Comp. Biol. : Biomedical Cloud Computing With Amazon Web Services

Le Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 11:21:43AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> Hi Charles,
>
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 03:42:38PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > here is a link to an article that illustrates in what context a Debian Med
> > machine image with the ‘cloud’ task loaded would be useful.
> >
> > http://www.ploscompbiol.org/article/info:doi/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1002147
>
> So do we actually *have* such an image which we could *present* the
> authors of this paper?

Hi Andreas,

I am trying to build such an image from the bottom up, and unfortunately I am
blocked at the partitionning during the execution of the Debian Installer.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/partman-base/+bug/862903

If this problem is solved and no other bug comes in the way, the preparation
of Debian Med cloud images should become very straightforward.

In the meantime, there is of course the possibility to start from an existing
Debian image and apt-get install med-cloud.  But there is no such thing as an
official minimal Debian image, and preparing a rigorously clean public image
(with no .history file forgotten behind, and no traces of previous activities
left via the swap or via deleted, but recoverable, files, …), is tedious.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,